2022-06-02

What's On: Activities 2022

Arbetaren- 100 år som fri tidning.

År 1922 började den syndikalistiska fackföreningen SAC ge ut dagstidningen Arbetaren. Sedan dess har tidningen gjort sig känd för att vara en fri och obunden pressröst som vågat tala när andra låtit sig tystas. Visste du att Arbetaren var en av de mest högljudda antinazistiska rösterna under andra världskriget? Att den haft så kända medarbetare som Ottar, Moa Martinson, Vilhelm Moberg och Stig Dagerman? Eller att den var Sveriges första könsbalanserade nyhetstidning? I samband med Arbetarens hundraårsjubileum ger tidningen ut en jubileumsbok och genomför en stor digitaliseringssatsning. Bokens redaktörer berättar om tidningens historia och det kommande boksläppet.

Bögbibblan

Bögbibblan presenterar: De queera slagorden - ett litterärt samtal om hur litterära texter använts som ett verktyg i den queera kampen

I detta samtal rör vi oss i skärningspunkten mellan litteratur och aktivism. Vi samtalar om de texter, manifest, slagord, sånger och essäer som använts i den queera kampen.

Radical Games with a dirty old crow

A comrade with a foot in the world of games will organize a space for experimenting with games from an anarchist perspective.

Radikal Spel med Korp

En Kamrat med en fot i spelvärlden fixa plats till spel utifrån ett anarkistiska perspektiv.

Solidarity letter writing.

Solidarity with our Belarusian comrades! Write to imprisoned activists and support ABC Belarus firefund. In this turbulent time we have to remember the ones that are under state repression. Together we will send a message of solidarity through ABC Belarus.

Solidarity with anti-war movement in Russia

Presentation by Antti Rautiainen, member of A-ryhmä from Helsinki, which is a member group of Autonomous Revolutionary Nordic Alliance.

Thousands of Russians have been fighting against the invasion to Ukraine. During first month of protests, 15 000 people were detained. Actions still continue, but in a smaller scale. At least 26 people are in prison, suspected of direct actions or just speaking out against the war. Military call-up centers have been torched, and railways sabotaged in at least 10 regions of Russia. What are the current anti-war initiatives in Russia to follow? How to support Russian anti-war movement, which is operating in more and more repressive circumstances? You may follow the presentation online in Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/arautiainen

The Coming Tide: Fascism, Reform, and Fortress Europe

William C Anderson

Founding Black anarchist Martin Sostre once said, “The coming tide of fascism will force many comrades to come out of their lethargy and put into practice the original anarchist tradition of being not only the detonators of revolution, but also of making it an objective reality.” This talk will center the thinking of Lucy Parsons, George Jackson, Aimé Césaire, C.L.R. James, and Sostre among others addressing how reformism bolsters fascism. William C. Anderson will address how different state models use reform to sustain capitalism under the guise of social progress and so-called progressive policies. At the same time, policing and borders tell the truth of how limited any supposed social gains are when we observe the conditions of stateless people, refugees, and asylum seekers the world over. Borders, policing, and militarism tell us the real truth. Anderson will share lessons he believes the history of Black anarchism(s), radical Black autonomy, and Black anarchic formations offer us in confronting these problems.

Anarchism and leadership with Mycelium Network

To formulate long term aims - it's important to build a common foundation including a revolutionary culture, a frame relating to struggle. Learning from Rojava revolution offers inspiration and possible solutions on organizing. Embracing the contradictions provides new perspectives. These experiences help us to formulate and build a free life. If we cannot imagine what freedom can look like, we cannot win. What analyses can we make from the context where we organize? What from the Rojava revolution can we put into practice? How to resolve the dilemma of anarchism and leadership? And how can we challenge ourselves to and build revolutionary movement instead of putting out fires? Comrades from Mycelium will share perspectives and proposals connected to revolutionary culture, concept of organic guidance and an introduction to self defense paradigm. Followed by open space for a lively discussion.

Experiences from La ZAD

A ZAD, or zone to defend, is kind of autonomous space. One of the most known ZADs was part of protest to prevent the construction of an airport. This space was, of course, much more than a single issue protest camp.

Alexis, a comrade involved with La ZAD, will discuss the story behind this historical occupation along with the strategy, conflicts, and achievements of that struggle. The initial presentation will be followed by a Q&A and a discussion.

An Anarchist Comrade from Kiev

There's been war in Ukraine for more than 2 months now. While during the first days of the war many people checked the news every couple of hours, the situation is fast becoming "normality" for people in western Europe. On the front, stalemate is emerging, while more and more people flee to the west of the Ukraine and from there to Middle and western Europe.
While the mainstream (bourgeois) media focuses on the fascist and bourgeois forces, there exists a revolutionary resistance:
Libertarian, anarchist, and antifascists activists joined forces and, even prior to the war breaking out, started to organise and are now agitating under the banner of "Operation Solidarity".
We want to help this resistance to get heard more. An Anarchist comrade from the ABC in Kiev gives a report about her perspective of Russia, the Ukraine, and the anarchist life in the country before and during the war.
Together, we want to speak about solidarity and the perspectives of the resistance.

Anarkism.info

Föredrag om hemlig dataavläsning och förhållningssätt till polisen och förhör

Föredrag om hemlig dataavläsning där vi går igenom lagen och olika tvångsmedel och om hur snuten 'jobbar'. Sedan tänkte vi prata lite kort om förhållningssätt till polisen och om förhör, vad man bör tänka på och vad som är bra och dåligt.

Grön kolonialism och vindkraftsmotstånd

Enni och Malin pratar om den nya industrialiseringen av Norrland, dess konsekvenser och motståndet. Kolonialismen fortsätter, till synes för att hjälpa omställningen från fossil energi. Det har varit två blockader mot vindkraftsetableringar i Västernorrland under maj som vi kan berätta om, och vi lämnar gott om tid för frågor, kommentarer och samtal.

Gigwatch

Gigwatch föreläser om gigekonomin i Sverige, presenterar rapporten "Apparna och arbetet" (som snart kommer i nytryck) och diskuterar hur det politiska läget kring gigekonomin ser ut idag.

TAKE CONCRETE AKTION (English below)

I fallet med betongföretaget Cementa på Gotland, ett dotterbolag till Heidleberg Cement, är det inte bara det globala klimatet som står på spel, utan även lokalbefolkningens dricksvatten och jordbruk. Politikerna har återigen bevisat sin ovilja att ta våra liv och vår framtid på allvar. Oavsett vilken fråga det handlar om ser vi hur företagsintressen alltid, konsekvent, går före vårt välbefinnande när det kommer till kritan. Därför tar vi saken i egna händer och stänger ner Cementa, precis som andra runt om i världen stänger ner andra destruktiva företag. Vi uppmanar till massaktioner mot Cementa den 25-27 augusti för en värld värd att leva i. Gör en konkret handling! OM Att vidta konkreta åtgärder Vi är en blandad grupp klimataktivister från olika delar av Sverige som är trötta på politiker och deras oförmåga att ta klimatkrisen på allvar. Inspirerade av Ende Gelände kommer vi inte att förbli passiva! Vi agerar och DU kan vara en del av det! Häng med oss på Gotland och stäng ner Cementa – för en värld värd att leva i!

TAKE CONCRETE ACTION

In the case of the concrete company Cementa at Gotland, a subsidiary of Heidleberg Cement, not only is the global climate at stake, but so is local people’s drinking water and agriculture. Politicians have proven again their unwillingness to take our lives and our future seriously. Whatever the issue, we see how corporate interests always, consistently, take precedence over our well-being when push comes to shove. That is why we are taking matters into our own hands and shutting down Cementa, as others around the world shut down other destructive corporations. We call for mass action against Cementa, August 25-27, for a world worth living in. Take Concrete Action ABOUT Take Concrete Action We are a mixed group of climate activists from different parts of Sweden who are tired with politicians and their inability to take the climate crisis seriously. Inspired by Ende Gelände, we won’t remain passive! We’re taking action and YOU can be a part of it! Join us on Gotland and shut Cementa down – for a world worth living in!

Systrarna

Anna Jörgensdotter läser från hennes senaste roman, Systrarna, som handlar om tidsresor och systerskap. Milla Leskinen från Bögbibblan läser ur sitt romanprojekt om tvåsamhetens krånglighet och Ellin Callmer spelar låtar om ensamhet, kärlek och kamp.

Merchworkshop med "Tryckverkstan"

Välkommen till en screentrycksworkshop med Tryckverkstan på Nattsvart Verkstad!
Kom och testa hur en trycker patches eller tröjor. Vi har förberett motiv (baserat på anarkistiska bokmässans affisch) och det finns tyg & tröjor att få eller köpa på plats!
Du kan välja att ta med dig en egen tröja men det måste vara nytvättad bomullströja (inte smutsig syntet).

Tryckverkstan är ett litet kollektiv av människor som gillar att trycka saker, det finns utrymme för fler att gå med! Verkstan i sig är självstyrd och som kollektiv så jobbar vi med en rad olika organisationer för att hjälpa dem när de behöver saker tryckta. Vi håller även workshops för alla som vill komma och lära sig använda utrustningen och använda lokalen. En måste inte var med i kollektivet för att kunna trycka i verkstan, men en måste ha ett hum om hur allt går till!

Så kom förbi på Lördag och testa på och se ifall screentryck är nåt du vill hålla på med! Träffa oss, se verkstan och gå därifrån med egengjord merch!

Vart? Nattsvart Verkstad (Andra våningen, Herrestagränd 5, Högdalens industriområde)
När? 11:00-14:00 Lördagen 4 Juni.
Varför? Det är svinkul!

ENG:
-----------
Merch workshop with "Tryckverkstan"

Welcome to a screen printing workshop with Tryckverkstan at Nattsvart Verkstad!
Drop by and try out how to print patches or shirts. We've prepared some motifs (based on the anarchist bookfair poster) and we have a stash of shirts and fabrics that you can get or buy from us!
You can bring your own shirt, but make sure it is cotton based and clean (not dirty and synthetic).

Tryckverkstan is a small collective of people who enjoy printing things, there is room for mor collective members! The workshop we run in is self-managed space and as a collective we work with several other organizations to help them whenever they need to print things. We also host workshops for anyone who wants to learn the craft and use the space. You do not have to be part of the collective to use the print shop, but you need to have basic knowledge of how to use the equipment!

So, drop by on Saturday and give screen printing a shot! Meet us, see the workshop and leave with your own self-made merch!

Where: Nattsvart verkstad (Second floor, Herrestagränd 5, Högdalens industriområde)
When? 11:00 - 14:00 Saturday 4 of June
Why? 'Cause it's fun as heck!

Solidaria Social Center

Solidaria is an under construction autonomous social center in Stockholm. The goal is to have a space and resources to practice material and effective mutual aid, for people to self-organize against and beyond their oppression in Stockholm's commercialized, controlled and segregated environment.

The program is as follows:

A. Introduction:

Short presentation of our vision for Solidaria, the purpose of the
initiative, our ideas-plans on actions that we would like to launch and
support in and through Solidaria and how someone can be involved.
-Short presentation of examples of different autonomous social centres
around the world.

B. Exercise (first in groups and then reconvene and share feedback):
-Discussion on the nature and the purpose of a social center.
-The interaction between the physical space that hosts the social center
and the function of the social space. How do these two affect each
other?
-What's the situation in Stockholm and Sweden regarding social centers?
-Ideas on the functions, actions and initiatives that the social center
shall include.
-Challenges that a social center can face and how to overcome them."

Stockholm Anarchist Book Fair

Länk: https://www.anarchistbookfair.se/index.php/en/workshops-2022

Kommentera

captcha