2020-06-16

Stop saying “All Lives Matter”

Yes All Lives Matter. I’m not saying that they don’t. But that is already said. That is already understood. What is not understood right now is that Black Lives are part of “All Lives.” So when you say you don’t support Black Lives Matter and only support All Lives Matter, that’s bad too. White people dont need help right now. They don’t need justice. I don’t need justice. I know that the Black Community does. And that right now they need all the help they can get. They’ve been trying to stay alive for so long. We (The white race) keep pushing them out. They made their own neighborhoods. They were polite and said “sir” to the police officers. They built our country! They built the White House! And what did we do?? We killed an innocent man and that will not go unheard. Who cares if they burn down the target?! Building’s can be rebuilt but Lives cannot. I am ashamed at what my race has done. But that will not stop me from helping. Black Lives Matter more right now.

I will never understand what a black person is going through. How much fear they have every day just walking in the streets. Having to live with the fear of knowing that you could get shot. That’s….I literally can’t imagine it. It’s so horrible. I learned from my friend that when she was old enough her parents taught her what to do in front of a police officer or white person. They have to learn how to protect themselves? From us? That’s insane! I N S A N E.

“A riot is the language of the unheard.” -MLK

Let them riot. Let them speak out for what has to be heard.

-Madeleine

(I am not signing off with my nickname because this is a serious matter.)

Ms. M.X

Länk: https://www.dcareaeducators4socialjustice.org/black-lives-matter/13-guiding-principles

Kommentarer

Det här var ju en extremt essentialistisk text med en massa underliggande och märkliga resonemang om vi-och-dem. Det går att se det specifika i rasism utan att för den delen säga att de är där borta, deras kamp är något helt annat än vår, och att vi "don't need justice". Förutom att begreppet rättvisa är helt igenom ideologiskt så är det också absurt att säga det. Så vita arbetare ska inte kämpa då? "I am ashamed of what my race has done." Vad fan betyder det ens. Är alla vita människor helt plötsligt samma sak? Eller är det så att vi snarare ska försöka dekonstruera hela konceptet ras/etnicitet?

Hob med kniv

Jamen Hob, det här är en text som verkar kommit rakt ur hjärtat. Vad är problemet? "Ras" må vara en konstruktion men en som fått konsekvenser - för vissa personer. I 400 år.

Staffan / Konst & Politik

Håller med både Staffan och Hob med kniv.

(censurerade resten av en lång kommentar, eftersom jag är onykter och väldigt olyckligt förälskad)

the fuckup, som är väldigt olyckligt förälskad + onykter

Jag lider med dig, the fuckup, bara lyckliga förälskelser borde vara tillåtna...

Staffan / Konst & Politik

:) Staffan, tack! Och ursäkta min personliga utsvävelse på sidan.. Jag har laddat av förälskelsekänslan lite mer åt det hanterbara(/tråkiga) idag.

the_fuckup

Kommentera

captcha